Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Walking in the Light

I wish to discuss the spiritual journey I embarked on when I truly got in touch with my Neo-Shamanic nature.

My journey began like this :

I sat quietly, in a comfortable position with my eyes closed. I focused first on my breathing to synchronize myself with my body. Then I focused on the energy around me, feeling it flow and pulse. I relaxed every muscle in my body, letting my hands rest on my knees with the palms facing each other, hands completely relaxed to a point where they looked as though they were gripping a staff. A very loose fist, of sorts.

From this point I deepened and lengthened my breaths, focusing on a point in the center of my forehead to help me concentrate. The exact location of this point can change for everyone. It is the point you focus to at which you feel the most in tune with your spirituality.

It was at this point that I called out in my mind, "Come to me spirits. Show me your ways. Show yourself to me, and let me learn from your experiences."

As I continued to focus, I entered a dream-like state. It was at this state that I saw a great white eagle fly down to me and take me up upon it's back. We began flying, very high and very fast, through the clouds. We said nothing at first. After flying for what felt like 15 minutes I asked, "Where are we going?" At this point he first spoke to me, in a very deep, powerful voice. He told me "To see your ancestors."

Suddenly we dropped much lower. I could see emerald-green fields spread out below me. We were entering a valley, surrounded by snow-capped mountains. Nestled against one of the mountains, there was a large castle. This castle was comprised of a tall tower in the Eastern corner, and a courtyard in the center, raised high on top of a tall building. This courtyard had an anvil at the center, with a ring of knee-high stones set around it. There was a blacksmith at work on the anvil, and what appeared to be a mage casting various spells around the ring of stones. Flying by, my spirit-guide informed me that my spirituality was represented in the mage, and my personality in the blacksmith. This told me that I am a very spiritual individual, who finds strength in the spirit. It also tells me that I put myself to tasks, working diligently. I attack all situations from many different angles, refining what I'm working on until it meets my high standards.

All of this is very accurate in describing me as a person. I encourage everyone to try to experience this journey to find themselves. You can learn a lot from these spiritual journeys, not just about yourself but about those around you as well.

Keep an eye out for my next blog where I describe my next experience in the light realm.

May your own, individual faiths guide you in your journey :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment